News update April 15 2019
First of all we’d like to thank everyone for showing up at our more or less sold out anniversary show at Baroeg, Rotterdam last month! We definitely had a blast and this was a night to remember for sure!
Video footage of the show will be uploaded in the next couple of months.
As announced earlier the ‘THANATOLOGY: TERROR FROM THE VAULT’ 2-CD set will be out April 22nd 2019 on Memento Mori records.
You can pre-order the CD and the accompanying ‘TERROR FROM THE VAULT’ t-shirt now via our webstore: https://thanatos666.bigcartel.com/
Press release Listenable Records March 14 2019
LISTENABLE welcomes Dutch Death Metal pioneers THANATOS in their ranks.
THANATOS, Holland’s first ever Death/Thrash Metal band has become an illustrious name that has been haunting the Underground Metal scene for decades and is now celebrating their 35th anniversary in 2019 . The band has always maintained a consistent quality over their entire catalog with their authentic brand of unrelenting death thrash metal - staying true to their initial merciless madness, faithfully unleashing frenetic hooks, crushing straight forward dynamics and original visceral brutality wrapped up in a massive production as the main killing components.
Stephan Gebédi comments:
« When THANATOS emerged in 1984, Metal was still raw and unpolished and there was a strong ‘us against the world’ feeling amongst both bands and fans. We were at war with the establishment, organised religion and mainstream music. The current metal scene has lost a lot of its rough edges.
A lot of bands have adopted a polished,plastic sound and a somewhat pleasant, politically correct attitude.Thank god, or rather Satan, for bands that still choose to go against the grain,stir up some controversy and never let go of the original feeling. »
Following their 2014 album ‘Global purification’, the band will never show mercy and are currently writing new material for a brand new full length album of another display of pure violent death thrash madness, to be released in early 2020.
Thanatos and Memento Mori Records unveil the cover art of the upcoming 2-CD compilation album “Thanatology: Terror From The Vault” due to be released April 22nd, 2019.
This 2CD will feature the next recordings:
- Speed Kills demo (1984)
- Promo Demo (1985)
- Rebirth demo (1986)
- The Day Before Tomorrow... demo (1987)
- Omnicoitor demo (1989)
- Live at the Lede 1985
- Pre-production Tape 1991
- 2 old re-recorded songs (including a guest appearance by some original band members from 1984)
All songs digitalized from the original sources and subtly mastered for an even more pleasurable listening experience.
More to follow!
Best belated New Year’s wishes to all of you!
Instead of looking back at 2018 we’d rather look ahead to 2019 as we have a lot of good news to tell you! We will be celebrating our 35th anniversary this year and we’re going to do it in style!
• First of all, we have a show coming up at the EMA Fest Part 2in Emden, Germany on February 15th, followed by a special 35th anniversary showatBaroeg, Rotterdam on March 16th. Get ready for a special old school set with severalex-band members joining us on stage. We’ll have special Thanatos beer available at the show and loads more.
Get your tickets here: https://baroeg.stager.nl/web/tickets/271961
• On April 22nd MEMENTO MORI RECORDS from Spain will release a double compilation CD, entitled ‘Thanatology: Terror From The Vault’, featuring all official Thanatos demo tapes, the infamous‘Live at the Lede’ recordings from 1985 (previously unreleased on CD) and, as icing on the cake, two newly recorded versions of ,,Blind Obedience” and ,,Thanatos” featuring founding member Remco de Maaijer on guitar. The original versions of these songs were recorded in 1984 and now they finally will get the treatment they deserve.
• We’re also happy to announce that we will play the 25th anniversary edition of Party.San Metal Open Airin Schlotheim, Germany, Friday August 9th
And in a few weeks from now we also hope to announce some bigger news! Stay tuned!
Hey there, thought we’d give you little update on what’s happening on the Thanatos front. First of all we have written a bunch of songs and in the next few weeks we’re going to demo a few of those songs to attract record label interest (as we’re no longer on Century Media records).
Next year we’ll be celebrating our 35th anniversary! We’re planning a special show with guest appearances by several former band members. This event will probably be held March 16th 2019 at the Baroeg in Rotterdam. More details will follow. Finally we have already planned a few cool festival appearances for 2019 which will be announced in the not too distant future! Cheers!
NEWS UPDATE JULY 2017
We would like to welcome drummer Martin Ooms to the Thanatos ranks!
Until recently Martin was beating the skins for Rotterdam based metal outfit Sudden Annihilation, but he might be better known for playing guitar for both Melechesh (2006-2008) and Liar of Golgotha (1998-2005). We’ll start rehearsing all the old classics and will start working on new songs as well in the upcoming months. Expect Thanatos to return to the live front early next year!